Before Your Visit
Our hospital offers online Pre-Registration for your upcoming, scheduled visit. Please submit your information at least two business days before your arrival. If you are experiencing a life threatening emergency, go directly to the ER or dial 9-1-1. This form is NOT intended for Emergency Room use.
St. Joseph Medical Center currently accepts the following health plans. If your managed healthcare plan is not listed, please contact your insurance provider. Some affiliates may not be listed.
- AmeriPlus Preferred Care
- AmeriPlus Select Services
- APS Healthcare (Behavioral Health)
- BCE Emergis
- Beech Street
- Bermel, Inc.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Bravo Health (fka ElderHealth)
- CHRISTUS VNA (Home & Palliative Care)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cigna Healthcare
- CoastalComp HealthNetworks
- Community Health Choice
- EverCare of Texas
- Fidelis SecureCare
- First Health
- Galaxy Health Network
- Health Smart Preferred Care
- HMO Blue Texas
- InterPlan Health Group
- Med Care Advantage
- Medicus International
- Molina Healthcare (Behavioral Health Only)
- National Preferred Provider Network
- National Provider Network
- Physicians Cooperative of Texas
- Private Health Care Systems – PHCS
- Pyramid Life Insurance Company
- QTC Medical Group
- Renaissance Physician Organization (Outpatient Imaging Only)
- Secure Horizons
- Seven Corners
- Sierra Health & Life
- Texan Plus
- Texas Children’s Health Plan
- Texas Department of Health Kidney Program
- Texas HealthSpring
- Texas Medicaid and Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) – PCCM Product
- Texas True Choice/Ethix Southwest
- Three Rivers Provider Network
- United Healthcare
- USA Managed Care Organization (USA MCO)
- U.S. Family Health Plan (USFHP)
- WellCare of Texas
St. Joseph Medical Center maintains medical records for each patient treated at the hospital. To request your medical records, please visit our Health Information Management department between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, or call 713-756-5619.
Prior to receiving copies of records or authorizing records to be disclosed, you will be asked to complete the appropriate form and provide proof of your identification with a valid, government issued photo ID.
The appropriate form, along with a copy of your proof of identification, may be faxed to 713-756-8526.
Requests for medical records generally take up to 72 hours to process.
The following form should be used for requests to inspect or obtain a copy of one’s own records or those of a patient for whom you are the legal representative.
The following form should be used for requests to disclose medical records to a third party.
Records needed for continuing care purposes do not require the completion of any of the above referenced forms, but rather will be sent directly to your provider.