Women’s Health Services
Healthcare for Every Stage of a Woman’s Life
When St. Joseph Medical Center was established in 1887, we were the first obstetrical hospital in the city, delivering one in every three Houstonians. Today, we carry on that tradition of quality care for mothers and their babies. Each year we bring nearly 5,000 newborns into the world, right here in the heart of downtown Houston. That’s more than one baby every two hours.
- Gynecologic Surgery (including many minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures)
- Routine & Preventative GYN Care: Education & Treatment
- Breast Health Services (screening, biopsy, brachytherapy, surgery, and more)
- Family Planning & Parent Education Services
- Incontinence Treatment Options
- Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Orthopedic Health for Women
- Heart Care for Women
- Behavioral Health for Women
Why Choose St. Joseph Medical Center?
With 80 hospitals in Harris County alone, Houston women have plenty of options when it comes to having their most essential health care needs met. At St. Joseph Medical Center, we look beyond the essentials. In addition to having state-of-the-art facilities and some of Houston’s most talented board certified physicians and surgeons on our team, we’ve gone the extra mile to ensure that each woman is comfortable and at ease from the moment she steps through our doors.
If you’re looking for personal attention from a knowledgeable team that cares, then there’s no better place to be than St. Joseph Women’s Medical Center. Our facility is connected directly to the main hospital complex, housed in its own five-story building. We’re proud to feature:
- 12-bed ante partum unit for expectant moms
- 12-suites for labor, delivery, and recovery
- 5 fully dedicated surgery suites for GYN surgeries, Caesarean sections, etc.
- 44-bed family birth center for moms and newborns.
- OB Assessment Center with 5 private rooms
- Level II and III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for round-the-clock care of premature babies or seriously ill newborns
- Experienced, board-certified staff in the hospital 24 hours per day:
• Obstetrical Anesthesiologists
• Respiratory Therapists
• Pediatric nurse practitioners
• Perinatologists in-house and on-call for high-risk infants
Our community partnerships are another important aspect of care for our women’s health services. Learn more about our community partnerships.