St. Joseph Medical Center has an active and dedicated volunteer group that exemplifies the hospital’s mission of delivering compassionate healthcare to the communities that we serve. Over the years, this enthusiastic group has demonstrated that they don’t feel they have to volunteer their time, they want to.
The volunteer program, for both adults and teens (during the summer months), offers a variety of opportunities that are essential to the hospital.
Our volunteers assert that there are many advantages to volunteering at SJMC, but the best, by far, is the feeling of being part of the hospital family. they report it’s not only the friendliest place to wok: it’s the friendliest place to volunteer!
- Adult volunteers are 18 years of age and older
- Junior volunteers are ages 15 to 17
- Junior Program runs June – July
- Volunteers are asked to give a minimum of four hours each week
Benefits of volunteering at St. Joseph Medical Center
- Complimentary meal for volunteers who work a minimum of four hours in a day
- Free parking
- Free flu shot
- Free volunteer uniform (polo shirt for men, jacket for women and polo shirt for junior volunteers)
- Recognition parties and awards
- New friends
- Sense of satisfaction from helping others
- Being a vital member of the SJMC family!
Volunteers work as Eucharistic Ministers, Greeters at information desks and in waiting rooms, and assist in a variety of hospital departments, such as Administration, the Volunteer Office, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Room, Medical Staff Office, Human Resources and Surgical Services.
- Greeting, assisting and comforting patients, families and visitors
- Assisting Spiritual Care team with serving communion, leading mass and patient rounds
- Sewing and crocheting items for babies in the NICU
- Helping with hospital tours and special events
- Collating patient information folders
- Participating in fundraisers
- Answering phones and other general office duties
- Jewelry Sales
- Book Fairs
- Bake Sales
- Used Book Sales
Choose to Volunteer TODAY!
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of patients and family members at St. Joseph Medical Center, come visit with us. Our family of volunteers is growing, and we would love to include you!
Click on the link below to download the following files:
For more information, please call 713-756-5051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.